We are looking to recruit a HGV Driver Valeter for our Sherburn Depot.
All Applicants must hold a current HGV CLASS 2 (C) License, a digital tachograph and their full CPC
An exciting opportunity is now available for a HGV driver who is seeking a new type of role that allows them to still be out on the road but also doing something physically demanding, fast paced and with more interaction with customers and colleagues.
We are a well-established company, founded in 1957, and specialists in commercial vehicle rental. Our Business has 6 rental depots, with fully equipped maintenance workshops in the North and South of England. From these depots we operate in excess of 1700 vehicles (of which 900 are above 3.5 tons) throughout the UK.
The role will require you to deliver various vehicle types (Mainly HGV) nationwide; driving to customer depots/businesses or home addresses (you will be shadowed by a colleague who will return you to the depot, or you will catch the train if in a central location – No trade plating!)
When you are not doing this the remainder of your time will be spent split between valeting the various vehicles in between their hire-outs (approximately 60 % of your time will be in the yard getting the vehicles looking pristine) and smaller jobs around the yard such as keeping the area clean, safe and tidy, changing vehicle light bulbs, gritting the yard in bad weather and any other ad.hoc duties that may arise.
You will be required to fill out 'check sheets' at drop-off and 'pick up' points for the purpose of reporting any existing or new damages, so clear handwriting is essential.
Personal attributes required to fulfil the role:
• Good time keeping
• Attention to detail
• Taking pride in your work
• Physically able to climb in and out of large trucks and able to use hand held cleaning equipment (
• Positive attitude and ability to mix well with people from all walks of life
• Comfortable with taking instruction but able to work on own initiative
• Lives within a 15 - mile radius of Sherburn
• Strong knowledge of the area/roads
• Contributory pension scheme and Death in Service pay out: two times annual salary
• 20 days’ holiday plus statutory holidays, rising to 25 with length of service
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
1 in 4 Saturday Mornings 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Leeds, LS12 1DR
420 Tong Street
West Yorkshire, BD4 6LP
Platts Common Ind. Est.
Hoyland, Barnsley, S74 9TH
Moor Lane Trading Est.
Leeds, LS25 6ES
52 Kansas Avenue
Manchester, M50 2GL
113 Burcott Road
Severnside Trading Estate