Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
We are a well-established company, founded in 1957, and specialists in commercial vehicle rental. Our Business has 6 rental depots, with fully equipped maintenance workshops in the North and South of England. From these depots we operate approximately 2000 vehicles (of which 900 are above 3.5 tons).
7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (30 mins unpaid break) + Saturdays morning 8:00 am – 12:00 pm as and when required.
Hours worked above 40 are paid at time & a half, £15.78 & hours worked before 07:00 are at double time: £21.04
Why should you apply for this position – because this is an HGV Driving job with a difference!
- No RDC’s to visit
- No nights away from home
- Regular day-time shifts with set start & finish times
- Annual pay rises
- Annual profit-share bonuses (company-wide) offering between £500.00 £ £2,500.00 to loyal and hardworking employees
- Regular overtime offered at time and a half & DOUBLE-TIME rates!
- Excellent working conditions (No vehicle is older than 3-year-old!)
- Approachable, professional management team
- Job stability – This is a cash-rich company that has been in operating for over 65 years and are industry leaders!
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, holidays will increase by an additional day every 2 years of service, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Death in Service Pay-out (Life Insurance) Annual Salary X 2 (after 12 months qualifying period)
- Contributory Pension at 3% – effective immediately upon commencement of your employment
- Training & professional development opportunities offered such as obtaining your Class 1 License, paid for by the company!
Who would suit this position?
- Someone with a Class 1 or Class 2 License and a full CPC (New Passes welcome!)
- Someone who enjoys a working week with variety (not just being sat down all day, every day!)
- Someone with excellent communication skills whom is happy to build relationships with new & regular customers
- Someone who takes pride in the presentation of their vehicle and is physically fit, able and willing to valet the trucks prior to them going on hire (a large part of your working week will be performing these duties, the rest will be driving Nationwide)
- Someone who has legible hand-writing
- Delivering HGVs and LGV’s; driving to customers’ depots/businesses or home addresses (you will be followed through by someone in a car to return you to the depot or very occasionally catch the train if the location is central. No trade plating involved!
- The role therefore requires someone who is in good health and is physically able to climb in and out of the trucks/vans with ease.
- Filling out ‘check sheets’ when you drop-off and pick-up a vehicle to report any existing/new damages
CLASS 2 License Holders – hourly rates breakdown:
- 40 hours x £10.52 = £420.80 x 52 weeks = £21,881.60
- 7.5 hours x £15.78 = £118.35 x 52 weeks = £6,154.20
TOTAL Average Potential Earnings Per Annum = £28,035.80